Monday 7 December 2015

My review of The Evolution of Everything is up

My review of The Evolution of Everything is up. It is titled: "A demonization of intelligent design". Check it out.

Rather to my surprise, I found quite a bit to disagree with in Matt's book. In my humble opinion, the basic problem is that Matt didn't take on the ideas described in Keeping Darwin in Mind. This leads him to regard intelligent design by human designers as a form of creationism - making it a foe to be vanquished. I don't think that this is a very well-balanced perspective.

I have long thought that the idea of incorporating intelligent design into Darwinism might cause some people to choke. So far, to the best of my knowledge, only Matt Ridley and Daniel Dennett seem to have got into problems in this area. Ridley seems to be having more problems than Dennett did.

If you liked this one, feel free to check out my other book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment